Do You Love to Garden?
Do You Want to Make Mount Clemens a More Beautiful Place?
Can You Give a Small Amount of Your Time?
We are looking to create a series of Micro-Gardens to enhance the sculptures we install in Mount Clemens. We need volunteers willing to plant and maintain these very small gardens near the sculptures.
What You Would Do
- Volunteer a certain number of hours a week, decided by you, that can comfortably fit in your schedule.
- Work with MCEP to choose a location that fits your time and desire for a micro garden.
- Plan and plant your garden with perennial, native plants that will be easy to maintain. Then keep it up on a weekly basis.
- You may have plants to share from your own garden, or MCEP will purchase them for you.
- Your commitment is for one growing season.
- If for any reason, we will not ask why, you need to quit, just tell us so we can manage the change.
What MCEP Will Do
- We get the permission from the property owner to have a micro garden in the place we mutually agree on.
- If you do not have garden tools, we share ours with you in a space you can have access to them any time you are able to garden.
- We will purchase soil improvements and plants as we mutually agree too. We will not reimburse.
- We will handle any complaints or questions. All you need to do is garden.
- We will assist you in any way we can to make a completed project that is enjoyable to you and our neighborhood.